Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Julies Lists (In other words the kind of blog post I actually have time for.


Ok, so I know that a long moving-and-summer-and-new-house post is in order; however, my life is still not in order, so in the meantime here is a little post of lists for my sister-in-law. She has done this for a while and I think I will start doing it more often. I guess the last list is usually people who you would like to see do these lists, which for me would be anyone- so let me know if you do. Hopefully I will be adding that longer post very soon.

8 TV Shows I love to watch:
  1. Sherlock
  2. Battlestar Galactica
  3. White Collar
  4. Castle
  5. Dr. Who
  6. Roswell
  7. Avatar (Last Airbender Cartoon)
  8. Charlie and Lola (I am so sophisticated!)
8 Favorite Restaurants (unfortunately I can't have most of these) :
  1. Market Street Grill (any good seafood would suffice)
  2. Thai Ruby (again any good Thai....)
  3. Crab (fresh on any waterfront pier) 
  4. Indian Oven (again any Indian blah blah..)
  5. Great Harvest (but only in Logan UT)
  6. Cafe Rio
  7. The Blue Bayou
  8. Angies (Also in Logan. I know I know, but if you want diner food)
8 Things That Happened Yesterday:
  1. Washed all the girls hair- more of an accomplishment then you'd think.
  2. Ate not 1, or 2, but 5 homemade peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.
  3. Read some of "In Defense of Food," and then subsequently regretted eating said cookies.
  4. Made homemade grape jelly, which was easy and actually turned out, surprise!
  5. Read to Lily, Ivy, and Rose, which usually does not turn out :)
  6. Walked around the Boston Temple grounds with the girls and pointed out Lilies, Roses, and Ivy to my Lily, Rose, and Ivy.
  7. Talked to Josh and me Mum.
  8. Finally fell asleep, when Figgy decided to get up and not sleep on my back.
8 Things I'm Looking Forward To:
  1. Going to Plymouth this Friday and seeing the Mayflower and the beach, Tyler's last weekend off for awhile.
  2. My parents coming in 2 weeks!!!
  3. The month of September (when Tyler will no longer be working from 5am-9pm with only one day off every 7)
  4. Going to Rolla in September!!!!!!
  5. Seeing Amy's baby.
  6. The Hobbit
  7. Rose having a schedule- she has nighttime down, now for naps.
  8. Lily's and my Narnia party when we are done reading the book- at which we will eat turkish delight and watch the movie.
8 Things On My WishList (do these have to be realistic?):
  1. A trip to see Amy and her baby.
  2. Rose to have a daytime sleep schedule. 
  3. Lily's school only being from 10am-1pm
  4. A free outfit from Anthropologie
  5. A few dates with Tyler
  6. A trip to Europe (Scotland, England and Normandy)
  7. A masters in Museum studies or Archaeology 
  8. Books- good books!

5 comments:

  1. Are you excited for The Hobbit if they put it into a Trilogy? Or does that make you MORE excited? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol- Actually I was a little disappointed when I heard it was to be a trilogy. I am surprised they can make it into three movies with the material in the Hobbit. It will probably be good and I am worrying for nothing. However I am excited to watch Bilbo for three movies! Have you watched Sherlock? I think you'd like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your lists! I agree with many of the preferences on them. Have you tried making much Thai food at home? I've mostly just made soups but they are actually pretty simple (and tasty, obviously). That might hold you over for a while :)

    (PS, I agree on the Hobbit)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have helped my mom many times with Pad Thai- Thai fried rice, Dom ka gai, som tum, curries, etc... but I've been spoiled and always had Amy or my Mom making it. I actually went to an Asian market and bought galanga, lemon grass, and sticky rice to make soup but it went bad before I got to it :( I will probably be going out again soon though, I really want some.

      Delete
  4. We will have to make some Thai food when I come. Or maybe we should make flan? How about both, they sound so good!

    ReplyDelete