Thursday, April 18, 2013

April showers bring out these flowers.... Part 1: Lily



     Lily still loves school. She has loved her teacher at Saint Mary's and has a new best friend, Meagan. She is still learning how to read and is doing a lot better. She has enjoyed reading new simple books, the scriptures at night, and every sign we pass. Her teacher says, she likes talking to everyone about everything, and gets easily distracted. Poor girl comes by it very naturally. Fortunately neither of those things have impacted her learning or grades too much. She does take about three times the amount of time that one would allot for any given project, but it's usually because she's been talking the entire time. I am excited that she is reading. She reads to Ivy and Rose quite a bit. The reading is a little slow at times, and even though I am not sure how much is processed by the other two, everyone enjoys the attention.
    Lily also has been very helpful in watching Rose. She will take her in the other room while I make dinner and play and read to her. Sometimes they all end up in the pack-and-play together, but if they are happy, I'm happy. She tries hard to make Rose laugh. Lily is always so excited when Rose accomplishes another milestone and tries everyday to get her to walk. Lily is also a good big sister and friend to Ivy. They play well most of the time, however, when its not working out well, Lily is usually the one that comes crying. Lily is pretty good at bargaining but Ivy knows exactly how to push Lily's buttons, if she wants to, so thankfully she doesn't do it as often as she could. 
   Lily has always enjoyed singing, but lately I have noticed her real desire to sing the right melody and learn words to songs. She is getting quite good at it. I think I'm going to look for a choir in the fall. She memorizes music and words very quickly, sometimes the words are a little different then what's being sung, but that just adds to her charm. She really likes my music, especially my Bollywood music, but unfortunately she gets very frustrated trying to learn the words they are singing. She asks me about every 30 seconds, “ok mom what did they sing and what did it mean.” We are taking a little Bollywood break :) Well, the girls are. 









And that's a little Lily!

2 comments:

  1. I have left my heart on this page. Or at least the thread that always seems to be attached from Lily's heart to mine has been stretched very tight. Sarah you are so good with the camera and capturing the souls of your little girls with your words. Jim is right over my shoulder adding to what I write, and wholeheartedly agrees.
    Love you, Love Lily, Ivy and Rose and Tyler too
    (Yes we miss her...we miss you all.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so much like you! I love those freckles.

    ReplyDelete