Saturday, April 20, 2013

April showers bring out these flowers.... Part 3: Rose




        This girl is a happy baby. She smiles all day. Seriously, all day. She is pretty easy going and puts up with a lot of time in the car and in her high chair. She loves screeching like a dinosaur, especially in places like church where it's quiet (it has a bigger effect that way). She loves laughing too, especially when Lily is being silly just for her. She loves Mama cuddles and I don't complain, well I don't complain until 8:30 at night, and then I only complain because thats all she wants until morning. She also loves paper and will find it just about anywhere and put it in her mouth. She loves putting anything in her mouth and biting it. Lily just recently compared her to Sunny from A Series of Unfortunate Events, because if Rose had a superpower, it would be biting. Luckily Rose does not use her biting superpower on her sisters or any of us, just anything and everything else she can find.
She also LOVES food! Oh my goodness, this girl can eat and eat and eat, which is funny because I think she is my tiniest baby. She loves anything I put in front of her and always cries out when I stop feeding her. Her favorite things right now are bread, ritz crackers, tomato sauce, cheese, yogurt chips, and chocolate.
Rose loves attention. In fact, when she enters a room she quickly makes sure everyone is looking at her by putting on a ‘cute show’.  Rose starts a cute show by pretending to be shy but then waving at everyone.  She then waits to catch someone’s eye and to hear “oh, she’s so cute”, at which point puts out her hand for a kiss, but just as the kiss is about to be delivered she pulls her hand back and bows her head.  What a tease!  But if they stick with it she’ll finish the cute show with waves, laughs and smiles. This girl is going to be a flirt! 
Rose also loves Curious George and we have all thought that her speech is just life imitating art, and in her case her favorite show to watch, Curious George. Lastly Rose loves her sisters and gives them her cute smiles all day long, even when Ivy is trying to cart her from room-to-room.
She is such a fun little baby to have, and worth all the sleepless nights, which are more often then I would care to think about. She is doing better and finally sleeping a good portion of the night in her crib, but she still prefers naps in my arms. It's hard to begrudge her that when I feel like she's so patient all day long. She hasn't started walking yet, and I'm a little relieved. I don't think I'm ready for her to try to keep up with her sisters.













And that's a little Rose.



2 comments:

  1. ROSEBUD....If the world worked on psychic powers everyone would hear the cry ;) She is so darn cute that even when she is crying its hard not to try to do anything, or give her anything, to make her smile. My heart is always so lightened by this wonderful child. She can make me smile no matter how I feel and I always have the urge to get on a plane and fly to where she is so I can have a kiss!
    Love you Rose, and thanks again Sarah. Papa smile in the picture where he is looking at her says it all.
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, I love that first picture of her in that hoodie! We need to see her again, it's been so long and she does so much more than sleep now!

    ReplyDelete